Wednesday, July 1, 2009

First Summer Project

Since Josh and I basically have the summer off, we have a lot of time to do little home improvement projects. (and yes, I DID HELP!!...a little) Our first project of the summer was a new patio set!! Or should I say, "new to us."

My mom & dad's neighbor, from Dwight, allowed us to take her old patio set for free. (Thanks Kate!!) It was green and a little rusty before...we sanded it (this is where I came in) and painted it (mostly Josh, that really hurts your finger!!) a bronze color. I was really happy with the way it turned out. Looks brand new! :) We topped it off, literally, with a cute umbrella, and we were all set. I'm so thankful for a handy and WILLING...with some persuading... husband ;)
As "we speak", Josh is outside stripping a hand-me-down piece of furniture from my mom. ...guess I should go help? :)



No comments: