Monday, December 6, 2010

A Praying Life

I am currently reading "A Praying Life" by Paul E. Miller. I'm really learning a lot from it. It challenges the urge to "try and do better", and replaces it instead, with what we are believing (or not believing). Here is an excerpt from what I read this morning.

"If we think we can do life on our own, we will not take prayer seriously. Our failure to pray will always feel like something else-- a lack of discipline or too many obligations. But when something is important to us, we make room for it. Prayer is simply not important to many Christians because Jesus is already an add-on."
...praying that God will help me believe I can't do life without Him...

2 comments:

Rachel Lynn said...

Erin....really good point to ponder. Thanks for sharing!

Have a great day, see you Tues!

~Rachel

Liz said...

love it... thanks!