Tuesday, October 21, 2008

For the Reader In You...

Okay, so PaperBack Swap is something I experimented with this summer, and I loved it! I used to be a sucker for brand new books; however the cost would really add up after a summer of reading! Don't get me wrong, I will still BUY my Nicholas Sparks and Jodi Piccoult books :), but it's fun to swap books that I don't necessarily want to keep on my bookshelf.

What is it? It's basically a free online book club. You start out by posting 10 books that you are willing to "swap" with other members. You get 2 free credits when you post 10 books, as a "welcoming gift". With these credits, you are able to order books from other members (1 credit = 1 book). These books will be sent right to your front door, and are then yours to keep or swap again. I can't tell you how exciting it is to get a book in your mailbox!!

When someone requests a book from you, you get an email to let you know. You pay postage (which you can actually print at home), and send it off to another member. Once your book is shipped, you recieve 1 book credit. And! You can actually mail it right from your very own mailbox; no need to go to the post office (is this not on your list of top 10 worst places in the world?) So basically, you are paying about $2.00-3.00 for a book, and you never leave your home! When you recieve a book, you don't pay anything!

So check it out! The website is www.paperbackswap.com. I've done this more than a dozen times. Let me know if you're a skeptic and I'll convince you!!

No comments: